- The Barony will accepting bids for the Regular Event in January of next year through March 21. If you have any questions, please contact Cadfan about the forms, or to discuss the requirements.
- Eve is looking for participants for a demo at the Beck Center for the Arts in Lakewood for a class of theatre students. Please check her post on the Cleftlands group page for details, and to let her know if you can assist. The demo will be 4:30 to 5:30, on either 15-Mar, or 22-Mar, depending on when she get the best crowd.
- Shillelagh and Shenanigans: 17-Mar
- Eastwatch is hosting Shillelagh and Shenanigans: an event of tourneys and other activities. New this year are the novice tourneys, and the novice A&S tourney. Check out the event info at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203919897314939&set=gm.1968715763391988&type=3. While feast is pre-reg only, there is no site fee: donations of non-perishable items for the site’s food pantry are requested.
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun
- Ginevra, Event Steward, is looking for volunteers to serve in positions including Class Coordinator, Artisan’s Row Coordinator, Marshals for rapier and Armored Combat for both the Friday Torch Light Tourneys, and, as always, volunteers to help with parking. She’s also looking for anyone interested in serving as a shadow or deputy steward to learn more about the event and possible consider stepping up to help organize it. She’s been on staff for 10 years: it’s time for some new blood to learn the parts. Please contact her if you would like to help out.
Baron and Baroness
Gianna and Crispin thanks the 20 or more Cleftlanders who participated in the regional Arts and Sciences Faire this last weekend. Zuriel took first place in the Pentathalon, while Jolicia took two firsts in performance.
Tariq has stepped down as Baronial Iron Key after 6 years of service. Carl is taking on the role.
Dmitri has stepped down after uncounted years of service as Baronial Pursuivant, and the role is being taken by his long-time deputy, Ginevra.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild will meet Thursday, 1-Mar, from 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page. He’s looking for requests for upcoming projects.
- Archery Guild normally meets Sunday, but is weather dependent. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.If you are interested in an arrow repair lesson and worktime, please contact Gwyneth who can help you order supplies before the work party.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at email@example.com.
- Scribe’s Guild will meet Monday, 5-Mar at Brackenburye Cottage; the theme this month is: neglected projects. For more information contact Melisent at firstname.lastname@example.org or check the baronial Facebook page.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.