- The Barony is still looking to fill the position of Quartermaster: the officer who stores and maintains the Barony’s stores. If you have any questions, please contact Cadfan.
- Sat, 3-Nov will be a demo at the Mini Maker’s Fair at the Cleveland Public Library downtown. There’s a FB page with information at https://www.facebook.com/events/1890702844382090/. Setup will begin at 7:15 am, and parking is limited. We could use people from all the arts: martial and not.
- Iron Key, Carl: Looking for any spare rattan for making swords for the Iron Key. Also, demi gauntlets are needed: please donate any you might not be needing, or come to Armorer’s guild and help make some.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. There will be no classes the week of the October Revel.
- 4-Dec: Jolicia is organizing an outing to the Valois Tapestry exhibit at the Cleveland Art Musuem, along with instruction by a Case professor of Italian Art. Attendees will need to purchase their own tickets to the exhibit.
- 31-Oct will be our October Dessert Revel:
- The Costume Contest theme will be Saints as Superheros.
- The Cooks Challenge is Bones: dishes made from them, made with them, made like them, or made to hold them.
- The Baroness’ A&S Challenge this year is Reliquaries, made to hold the bones of saints. Please talk to her to get the bones to enclose in your reliquary. She also has a small supply of larger bones for decoration.
- Njall’s Armored League continues, with Calum currently in the lead. Ask Njall for favors to bestow on the fighters who impress or please you, to give them one point. Please contact Njall if you want more details about the League or the populace favors.
- Miriana is proposing two challenges:
- For the Yule Revel, complete one scroll blank in a new style, or using a new medium.
- For the 17-Jan meeting, complete largesse using the Baronial heraldry to donate to the Baron and Baroness. There may be prizes.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice will meet this Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archery Guild has moved to Sundays! They’ll begin meeting this upcoming Sunday, 11 to 1 pm, Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guilds. They normally meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays,around 7 pm. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Baronial Banner project for Pennsic is proceeding well after the last meeting.
- Gregorian Chant Choir meets most Wednesday at 7 pm at Baronial meetings. If interested, or even curious, please contact Meridian at email@example.com: no experience in chant or rehearsal is required.
- Cooks Guild meets first Wednesdays at Baronial meetings at 7:30 am.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@Case.Edu with any questions.