No meeting next week: 10-Oct. The site has scheduled a 300 person wedding.
Baron and Baroness
- Standard Bearer’s was 22-Sep.
- Our new champions are:
- Arts & Sciences: Miriana
- Archery: Cadfan
- Rapier: Vlad
- Heavy Weapons: Muldonney
- Many thanks to all those who pulled the event together including Cadfan and Edward as Event Stewards, Miriana for the Breakfast Bar, Ysenda for Lunch, and Claricia for Feast, as well as many others.
- Awards presented included:
- Madelaine received the Azure Chalice
- Muldonney received the Azure Trident
- Dorothea and Lasserina received the Award of St. Alfred
- Many thank to all those who made the Open House a success, in organizing, demonstrating, or just sharing with the new people.
- Our new champions are:
- Upcoming local events you may be interested in include:
- This weekend was Coronation: Our new King and Queen are A’kos and Bella
- The 13-Oct will be Red Dragon, in Columbus. Please check it out at http://tirnewydd.midrealm.org/general-information.html
- 20-Oct will be Crown Tourney, just an hour, or less, south of Cleftlands. For more information, please check. https://www.facebook.com/events/265062397453202/
- If you’re attending any event, please let us know and visit with with us.
- The 6-Oct Solon Center for the Arts demo has been cancelled.
- Sat, 3-Nov will be a demo at the Mini Maker’s Fair at the Cleveland Public Library downtown. There’s a FB page with information at https://www.facebook.com/events/1890702844382090/. Setup will begin at 7:15 am, and parking is limited. We could use people from all the arts: martial and not.
- A&S Minister, Runa: Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn.
- 10-Oct: Dmitri’s class on Heraldic Display will be rescheduled due to the site being closed next week.
- 17-Oct: Gianna will teach basketweaving.
- This upcoming weekend, 6-Oct is Pferstadt Rapier Classic, just north of Columbus. For more information, please check https://sites.google.com/view/prclassic/home
- 31-Oct will be our October Dessert Revel:
- The Costume Contest theme will be Saints as Superheros.
- The Cooks Challenge is Bones: dishes made from them, made with them, made like them, or made to hold them.
- The Baroness’ A&S Challenge this year is Reliquaries, made to hold the bones of saints. Please talk to her to get the bones to enclose in your reliquary
- Orsinia will be hosting a bardic open house at her home the next two Mondays (8-Oct, 15-Oct) in preparation for Bardic Madness at the end of the month. Please contact her for directions and more information. For more info on Bardic Madness, in Grey Gargoyles on 27-Oct, please check out https://sites.google.com/site/bardicmadnessmid/.
- Njall held the first installment of his Armored Combat League tonight, with Calum currently in the lead for points. The populace may ask him for favors to bestow on the fighters who impress or please them, which will be one additional point towards the scoring. Please contact Njall if you want more details about the League or the populace favors.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice will meet this Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archery Guild is moving to Sundays! They’ll begin meeting this upcoming Sunday, 11 to 1 pm, Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guilds. They normally meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays,around 7 pm. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Baronial Banner project for Pennsic is proceeding well after the last meeting.
- Gregorian Chant Choir meets most Wednesday at 7 pm at Baronial meetings. If interested, or even curious, please contact Meridian at email@example.com: no experience in chant or rehearsal is required.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, thought they may be meeting the 8-Oct this month. Please contact Melisent at Grace@Case.Edu with any questions.