- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep at St John’s Byzantine Cathedral in Parma. Meinhard is the Event Steward. For detailed information, check the website http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/.
- Jolicia is organizing breakfast for Standard Bearer’s. If you can bring a donation of baked goods for breakfast please bring it next week’s meeting or Friday at setup so Jolicia can have it ready for the event.
- Setup on Friday will start at 7 pm.
- Site is open to staff and to set up at 8 am on Saturday: Troll opens at 9.
- Please bring your receipts to Standard Bearers so the exchequer can reimburse you promptly.
- All Pennsic War correspondents should deliver their articles to Milesent next weeks so she can lay out the Forum.
- 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming–it’s a very big event for NE Ohio SCA. Artair has posted an Facebook event with further information.
Guilds and Other A&S Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild (and the less official Booze and Schmooze) meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice is on hiatus until after Labor Day. For info on when and where, please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com. The Fencing Practice will be on hiatus between Pennsic and Memorial Day.
- Archery Guild meets Tuesdays at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, starting around 6 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, including Combat Archery arrows, so if you’re at all interested in either target or combat archery please come. With sufficient bribes, live Combat Archery targets may be provided. Contact Muldonney for details on effective bribes.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Scribes Guild will meet on 11-Sep at Brackenbury Cottage at 7 pm. Please contact Melisent at email@example.com for directions and further information.
- James Barkley will be hosting an open Bookbinding workshop on the second Tuesday of each month. Please contact him on Facebook as Chuck Minch for details.
- Aurelia has several large plastic shelving units she’d like to pass on to new owners. Please contact her on Facebook as Linda Merchant for details or to express an interest.
Baron and Baroness
- Gianna: The theme for the Standard Bearer’s is ‘A Heroic Age in the Cleftlands.’ Please present your understanding of a heroic person or event in any medium.
- Crispin: September is a busy month: Standard Bearers if followed by Harvest Days which is a Tournament of Chivalry and a great day for fighters, then by the Mapleside Demo, and then our Newcomer’s Night.