- This is the last Baronial Meeting before Pennsic. The next meeting is 23-Aug.
- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer. The theme for the event is “Heroic Age in the Cleftlands.” Gianna and Crispin will be posting more information about the theme online.
- 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming.
- Many thanks to Runa, Robin, Angharad, and Eve for the demo at Bethany Lutheran Church last Thursday. We had a successful demo for about 35 kids and a dozen or so adults and teen counselors.
- Sir Artair is planning to step down as Demo Coordinator in the next three to four months. Please contact him if you’d like to know more about the position.
- Tariq has Iron Key (loaner armor) pieces available for anyone who needs armor for Pennsic. Please contact him on Facebook, or attend Armorer’s tomorrow.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild (and the less official Booze and Schmooze) meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm, and then goes on hiatus until after Pennsic. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets again this upcoming Sunday and then go on hiatus until after Labor Day. For info on when and where, please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- Needleworkers will meet next after Pennsic.
- Archery Guild meets this upcoming Tuesdays at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, and then goes on hiatus until after Pennsic. It starting around 6 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, including Combat Archery arrows, so if you’re at all interested in either target or combat archery please come. With sufficient bribes, live Combat Archery targets may be provided. Contact Muldonney for details on effective bribes.
- Leatherwork’s Guild may or may not meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench. Monitor the Facebook page for updates. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Woodworkers Guild is on hiatus until after Pennsic. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Cook’s Guild will gather on 27-Aug to make ravioli for the Standard Bearer’s lunch.
- At Pennsic, the Midrealm is allied with the East. Therefore, the baronial tent will be set up on the WEST side of the battlefield, rather than the east, as is usual.
- A variety of Cleftlands Pennsic martial activities are scheduled:
- Tue, 1-Aug at 10 AM: Battlefield Tent Setup @ Battlefield
- Sun, 6-Aug at 10 AM: Archery Muster @ Three Bears
- Sun, 6-Aug at 12 PM: Known World Baronial Archery Champions Shoot @ Archery Range
- Mon, 7-Aug at 10 AM: Armored Combat Muster @ Three Bears
- Mon, 7-Aug at 1 PM~: Armored Battle Unit Picture (between battles)
- Tue, 8-Aug at 9 AM: Known World Baronial Armored Champions Tourney @ Red List
- Tue, 8-Aug at 10 AM: Rapier Muster @ Three Bears
- Tue, 8-Aug at 12:30 PM: Rapier Battle Unit Picture (between battles)
- Thu, 10-Au at 9:30 AM: Known World Baronial Rapier Champions @ Red & Green Lists
- Fri, 11-Aug at 11 AM: Battlefield Tent Tear Down (after Rapier Stronghold battle)
- *** These times are still being adjusted.***
- Claricia, Dorothea, and Angharad are organizing Cleftlands Battlefield Hospitality at Pennsic. If you can help keep your fellow Cleftlanders from keeling over in the heat, please come and help. You can let us know which battles you may be able to help with at http://signup.com/go/vJnDvvM.
- There are many opportunities to volunteer supporting the Midrealm Royalty and Royal Encampment at Pennsic. Please volunteer as Peer on Duty, gate guards, or retainers at http://pennsic.castlewalls.com/
- Pennsic like all SCA event is staffed with volunteers. Become one of them. If you don’t know where you’d like to volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Form (http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn46/ACTIVITIES/volunteer-form.html) and the Volunteer Coordinator will help connect you with the work that needs doing.
Baron and Baroness
- Crispin and Gianna will be serving as Peer on Duty at Midrealm Royal Tue, 8-Aug from 2-4. Please sign up as guard or retainer if you’d like to join them there..