- Kateline is Royalty Liaison. She still needs a number of royal retainers and royalty room guards. Also, she’s looking for any items of largesse for the royalty baskets.
- Event setup is next Friday starting at 8 pm. Help is needed to set up the site.
- There are 25 items for court, and counting, so it should be a great time.
- Madelaine is taking pre-registration this week and next. She’s also taking pre-reg, through 10 am at the event, for the fighter ‘lunch bags’ which will be delivered to you at the list field.
- Exchequer: If you’d like to make your site tithe for the year, Bob can give you a receipt to use with your taxes next year.
- A&S Minister: Pietro will be demonstrating and teaching metal casting next week at meeting. Please let him know if you’ve like to take part so he can bring enough supplies for all interested. Also, Sir Crispin is looking for other classes for the schedule. Please let him know if you’ve a skill or knowledge you’d like to share.
- Heavy Weapons: Thorin invites all fighters to check their helmet lining regularly. The foam will break down over time, and can lead to ‘squishy brain’ syndrome if not repaired.
- Rapier: Velvet recommends rapier fighters also check the older parts of their armor as this can deteriorate as well.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild will be meeting at Ealdred and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will be hosting a series of classes at meeting on topics people have requested. These will be announced as they are scheduled. Contact Madelaine at email@example.com if you have questions.
- This is the last weekend to prepare for January event.
- The next Cleftlands Rapier Tourney will be held at the February Dessert Revel. Please bring your inspiration and enthusiasm to compete.
- Don’t forget that next week is Dessert Revel. Please show up with a treat, in your best, and ready to revel or dance.
- We have signed a contract for this meeting site for the next year. There were 24 alternatives provided, but this site was cost effective and convenient. One new requirement is that we need to empty the garbage cans at the end of the night: please help consolidate your garbage to make this easier.
- Robert de Gesves asked, some time ago, how he could get a Cleftlands favor. This was the inspiration for Constanza to begin making baronial favors. As this was the first time she had seen him since they were created, she called him up to present one to him, and then offered them to anyone else who might want one.