- Standard-bearer’s will be 9/2. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.
- Planning for NOWM. Autocrats are still looking for a Royalty Liaison, coordinators for Youth Activities, and marshals for Siege Weaponry, as well as general labor for everything from parking to site stewards. Let Gianna or Ginevra know if you’re willing to assist.
- NOWM Clean up Day will be 20-May.
- Colette, as NOWM Class Coordinator, has two classes so far: please let her know if you want to teach.
- Pre-registration for NOWM begins 26-April at Dessert Revel. See Madelaine to pre-reg.
- Next week, Dulcia will be teaching a class on the Osten Stitch.
- 3-May, Needleworkers Build hosts a class on making tabards, sleeve ornaments, baldrics, and other baronial badges for fighters and others.
- There are many open spaces for classes in May, please let Colette know what you’d like to teach.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild and the Drinking Guild both meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice does not meet this Sunday, as it is Easter. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org about future Sundays.
- Archery Guild has begun the season on Mondays at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney. Details will be posted online. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench. At last week’s guild meeting, they planned to start work on a variety of pouches. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Dancing will begin at 7 pm, next Wednesday, or as soon as there are people to dance (only two are required.) Look for Angharad and the red canvas bag of music.
- Woodworkers Guild will meet next, 20-Apr, Thursday. 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Needleworkers will meet at Madelaine’s home on the west side, Tue 25-Apr. \Contact Madelaine at email@example.com if you have questions.
- 21-Fri, CSU is hosting a visiting English professor talking about the Bayeux Tapestry. Alen will share details online.
- Terra de la Nuit is ill, and could use assistance prepping her Cleveland house for a quick sale. Contact Anghard for information about the effort to assist Terra.
Baron and Baroness
- Presented a number of thank you card to officers, including: Farthegn as Armored Youth Marshal, Tariq as coordinator for fighting gear (Iron Key); Thorin as Knight’s Marshal; both Robin and Jolicia and our immediate past and now-current Chatelaines, Angharad for publishing meeting minutes as Chronicler; Colette as Arts and Science Minister, Dmitri as Pursuivant; Giannna as Seneschal, James as Archery Marshal, Robert as Exchequer, Vevet as Rapier Marshal and Youth Rapier Marshal.
- April 26 Dessert Revel will be the Armored Tourney. Please spiffy up your kit, bring your inspiration, and prepare to awe us all.
- This weekend is the Red Spears, Day of Archery, which not only features archery but both armored and rapier combat.
- 18-May will be the cut-off for recommendations for awards to be presented at NOWM. You can find a list of all Kingdom-leve awards, an online ‘Order of Precedence’ that lists who has already received which awards, and the online award recommendation link at http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/.
- At Northern Oaken A&S Faire, Fritha, Edward Brackenburye, Dasani, Kateline, Kari, and Angharad served as judges. Dasani, Zuriel and Rhiannon all entered for divisional champion competition: Dasani won for her glass and metal work, while Zuriel for her cordials and food.
- At Grand Tournament of the Unicorn, Velvet won the rapier tourney, while Alecto, who drove with him, took second place.
- At Masque de La Fou, Vlad won the first rapier tourney, while Meinhard took second place in the second tourney.
- Kateline Eliot received a Grant of Arms.
- The Crown has requested scroll blanks for use. Ginevra will collect all that you can produce at NOWM to share with them. Everyone can help, just ask the Scribes Guild members for guidance if you’ve never done it before.