On Wednesday, November 29th, the Cleftlands lists were opened up to all rapier combatants to test their mettle in the (now) annual tournament. Numerous inspired combatants stepped forth and took to the lists. When the flurry of steel, sweat, and dramatic deaths slowed and the last blows were counted, one rapier combatant emerged victorious. Congratulations to the Lord Alessandro Vitturi Da Canal, inspired by Lady Elinor Rochford, for winning the tournament and the tourney prize of a six-board chest designed by Lord Meinhard Hammerschmidt, her excellency Mistress Milesent Vibert for winning the esteem of the gallery, and his excellency Sir Calum MacDhaibhidh for the most impressive and twitchy death throes.
In addition to the rapier festivities, Lady Claricia de la Mere sponsored a friendly wagers table. While no one won the grand prize selecting the square with the final tournament combatants and the winner, two good gentles matched the quarter finals results and those prizes were awarded to Lady Jaquelinne de la Deicier and Lady Ragna stórráða Úlfsdóttir.
Special thanks to our marshal in charge, Lord Jao (Velvet) Veludo Alfonso d’Albuquerque and our list mistresses, Duchess Runa Æikibrandskona and Mistress Zuriel Nightshade.
The list included:
- Sir Calum MacDhaibhidh fighting for Baroness Angharad ferch Tangwystl
- Mistress Milesent Vibert fighting for Baron Edward Brackenburye
- Master Oliver Stillman fighting for Maria of Cleftlands
- Sir Silverthorn of Drachenmoor fighting for Duchess Runa Æikibrandskona
- Sir Wigthegn the Younger fighting for Ermingard
- The Honorable Lord Edward Fitz Ranulf fighting for Mistress Constanza de Mendoza
- The Honorable Lord Pietro Nicolo da San Tebaldo fighting for Lady Sorcha brecc ingen Donnchada
- The Honorable Lord Muldony McVriw fighting for Lady Gwyneth Cole
- Sargent Sirius of Cleftlands fighting for Shane
- Lord Alessandro Vitturi Da Canal fighting for Lady Elinor Rochford
- Lord Cynwrig ap Llywelyn fighting for Lady Maaicke van Zanten
- Lord Ladislaus Vulcu (Vlad) fighting for Lady Branwen filia Paynell
- Lord Levi Athan of Cleftlands fighting for Ashley of Lakewood
- Lady Ragna stórráða Úlfsdóttir fighting for Labros of Vito’s Minions
- ady Robin of Cleftlands fighting for Lord Cadfan of Cleftlands and Glenn of Cleftlands
- Erich Wulfgang for Alyssa
- Labros of Vito’s Minions fighting for Lady Ragna stórráða Úlfsdóttir