- The Barony is looking for a new Youth Marshal, as well as bids for the Standard Bearer and January events. If you are interested, please fill out an application online. Thank you!
- We’re hosting Coronation on Sept 26. Many volunteers are needed. Please let Edward or Jolicia know if you’d like to help.
- James will be serving as Coronation’s Shire Reeve. He’s looking for volunteers to populate a Brute squad for setting up halls, moving tables, etc.
- Zsof is serving as Royalty Liaison. Please let her know if you can donate food or drinks for the royalty.
- If you’re interested in donating your site fee at the mid-year, please let Bob know and he’ll make sure you get a receipt for your taxes.
- Woodworker’s will be held at Meinhards at 7 pm tomorrow. Please check with him for directions or information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Armorer’s Guild will be held tomorrow at 7 pm until you are thrown out or the sun rises. Please check with Clairiel at 440-243-1419 for directions or details.
- The Equestrian Guild is not meeting on Sunday 7/5, as for Independence Day they are taking the horses to Aethelmearc to crush the Aethelmearc forces. Check with email@example.com for details.
- Unofficial fencing practice will be held on Sunday as usual. Contact Cynwrig (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edward FitzRanulf (email@example.com) for details and directions.
- Needleworkers will not be meeting before Pennsic. If you need some assistance with Pennsic garb making, contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org to see about making an appointment.Y
Other SCA Business
- There are 48 hours of performance scheduled at Pennsic. including two performances by I Verdi Confusi, one of which is the first play written and directed by Sergei the Jester.
- Yahia is still offering to teach Arabic. He’s also making and selling dehydrated fruit for Pennsic. Please contact him on Facebook if you’re interested.
Baron & Baroness
- At Baron Wars, Cleftlands’ 20th knight was elevated, Krisztian von Atzinger.
- The Barons are hosting the Travel Challenge for mileage to and from events between NOWM and January event. There will be prizes for those traveling over 1,500 miles and for the person traveling the ‘mostest.’
- Their Majesties are looking for volunteers to serve at Midrealm Royal as guards or other services.
- The last day for making award recommendations for Pennsic is this Friday.
- The Baronial Tent is being taken to Pennsic by Oliver. Please help set it up at noon of Tue, Peace Week. With enough people, it will go up easily.
- The Baronial Tent will be taken down one hour after the rapier Field Battle (last war point) on Friday of War week.
- Please display a Cleftlands flag at your camp. If you don’t have one, please check with the Barons.
- The Pennsic game this year is again “Steal the Nebble” but this year, every camp will have their own nebble, and the victor is the camp with the most at Pennsic’s end. Please contact Constanza about getting your own nebble. You can decorate yours with your own camp’s arms if you choose.
- Baronial Musters
- Armored Combatants at 9 am before the Field Battle.
- Rapier Combatants at noon Monday before the Manor Battle.
- Archers at 2:30 pm on Wednesday before the Populace War Point.
- Opening Ceremonies is Sunday at 9 am. Champions should and others may join the Barons at Midrealm to process to the Ceremonies.
- Baronial Court
- A member of the Barony who was not present was made a member of the Order of the Gold Mace.
- (Last week, Princess Serena presented the Award of the Purple Fret to the absent Sica di Collapietro.)
Barones Angharad ferch Tangwystl