The Barony of the Cleftlands is accepting applications for Seneschal. If you would like to be considered for a position, please fill out the application online. The submissions will be reviewed at an officers meeting with a final decision made by the Seneschal, Baron, and Baroness. The deadline for applications is October 31, 2022, and the tenure will begin on January 1, 2023.
The seneschal is the legal and administrative representative of the Barony, the equivalent of a president. They are responsible for communicating and enforcing laws and regulations to make sure everyone in their group is in compliance, as well as heading the administrative concerns of the Barony. This position works closely with the Baron and Baroness (coronets) in all matters to determine policy. The seneschal is the only one who can sign contracts for the Barony, and is one member of the financial committee to vote on expenses. The seneschal will review event bids and prepare them for review by the Baronial officers, will act as a deputy event steward to all events, is responsible for any sites contracted by the Barony, runs business meetings for the populace and the officers, supports the officer corps, and generally keeps things ship-shape.
- Paid member of the SCA (required)
- Age 18 or above (required)
- The ability to be at every Baronial meeting as much as possible, and stay until the site is cleared and locked.
- Able to serve at least 2, but no more than 3, years.
- Previous experience as an officer, or good working knowledge of how the officers’ group functions.
- Social media savvy – most communication from Kingdom and the BoD is first provided via Facebook now, so to be on top of things an active presence at least on that platform is highly recommended.
- Experience managing teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Cool under pressure.
- Comfortable attending in-person activities in most circumstances.
If you have any specific questions about this position, please contact the current seneschal (Claricia de la Mere) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.