Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- The barony hosted Regular Event on Oct. 23. Lord Tryggr Gillason received the Award of St. Alfred for service to Iron Key, and Lord Robert atte Northclyfe received the Azure Chalice for long-time service. Both are baronial awards.
- Virtual Bardic Madness is Saturday, Nov. 6. Check the Midrealm calendar for more details.
- The Toledo Museum of Art is offering an expert demonstration of medieval fighting techniques presented by the Toledo Historical Swordsmanship Society on Saturday, Nov. 6, 2-3 p.m. The group is a Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) affiliated group based in northwest Ohio.
- Royal University of the Midrealm is Saturday, Nov. 13, in New Haven, Mich.
- Lady Porcia Vera passed away earlier this week. More information will be posted on the baronial Facebook page.
- Submit awards recommendations through the kingdom service portal: https://services.midrealm.org/
- Submit baronial awards recommendations by emailing Their Excellencies (email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org), or filling out the form on the baronial website here: http://www.cleftlands.org/award-recommendation/
- Meetings will continue to be every other week. Proof of vaccination is required.
- The Middle Kingdom has released an update that does allow us a guided return to “normal” activities. The Kingdom is going to operate on a “Tier” system, where there are clear policies at each level. We are currently at Tier 3 (red, or high risk), so the same policies and restrictions apply that we have been doing (with the exception of food). Please see the new document at: https://midrealm.org/blog/2021/10/18/mk-tiers-for-mitigation/
- The Middle Kingdom has opted into an SCA Board of Directors policy that affects all activities advertised on “official” channels (i.e. the Baronial Facebook or email list), including meetings and practices, etc. A proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours of the activity is required for all participants over 12. The policy and FAQ have additional details about what constitutes “official.”At each activity a person needs to be designated the official vaccination checker, and must sign and date a statement to be handed in with the attendance record. Anyone hosting an “official” activity has to follow this policy.Here is the BoD policy: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/COVIDsafeVaccination-and-Testing-Policy-9-25-21.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2MDOmEpPa8fYqiRxpu64Z5tPXuOf_NSQGOymgOfVxqxGAOPcSQiq4P65k And here is FAQ: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20210829-Proof-of-Vaccination-or-Negative-Test-Policy-FAQs.pdf?fbclid=IwAR22xmC-XnMSkwLNfzBkH3rpz-VRjyr6O6EbXNudhHDgOzPKqqJrAbrc2Kc
- Voting is closed in the Peerage Committee Proposal Poll.
- Masks are now required for all SCA activities that are held indoors, including combat. You must wear a mask if you go indoors at any point. Other current restrictions are: no shared food or drink, attendance must be taken at all SCA activities, pre-registrations are required for all weekend SCA events, and if you are hosting or posting invitations for any SCA activity you must include the Society disclaimer. Please contact Lady Claricia for additional information or with questions – email@example.com
- Baronial meetings will be held every other week until further notice. The next meetings are Nov. 17 and Dec. 1.
- Meetings still require attendance being taken. Please save time and sign up for the upcoming Baronial meeting here: https://forms.gle/qyj926Tk53MNEqc46
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 is asked to alert the seneschal. The name of the person will be given to the Middle Kingdom and the county board of health, according to kingdom procedures. Names of COVID-19-positive gentles will not be publicly announced.
- Updates on SCA and kingdom restrictions, and baronial updates, will be distributed via the Cleftlist email list and the baronial Facebook page.
- In an effort to keep business meetings short, and to reduce the number of announcements, gentles who have announcements are asked to send them prior to the meeting to Chronicler THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are permitted to meet in small groups, according to the guidelines that are available on the Cleftlands website, along with forms needed to do an official guild meeting. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
When hosted at a private location, the owners may have additional requirements and restrictions for attendance. Please check with them for details.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
Cleftlands Archery Practice!!
When: Sundays, 12pm – 2pm. Weather dependent. (Note: there will be no archery practice on Sunday, Oct. 24. )
Where: 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights OH
Sign up: https://forms.gle/9PhemdAZQWCFREUR9
We are happy to host archery practice once more. All SCA/Midrealm guidelines will be followed. Please bring your own refreshments / water. The property owners will be requiring proof of vaccination. The owners will check for completed vaccination cards. This is not a reflection of SCA policy but the requirements of t. the property owners. If you require loaner equipment please pm Lady Gwyneth Cole.
- Leatherworks Guild: On hiatus until fall. Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: On hiatus until November. Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers Guild: Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Northern Oaken Recorder Ensemble: Contact THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe via email.
- Makers Guild is starting up again, using the Lorain County Community College Makers Lab. Contact Lord Macro via email.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details (email@example.com).
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Archery Marshal, Cadfan
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- The Noblesse Largesse gift exchange will be Dec. 29.
- Class: SCA 101, 7 p.m. Nov. 17. Instructor: THL Jolicia. This class answers many questions that newcomers to the SCA usually ask. No-fee handout
- Class: Wire-wrapped Rings, 7 p.m. Dec. 1: Instructor THL Jolicia. Learn a quick and easy way to make wire-wrapped rings suitable for giving as tokens. $2 fee for materials and handout.
- If you would like to teach a class, or have a topic you’d like to learn, let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Exchequer, Robert
- Chatelaine, Jaquelinne
- Iron Key, Tryggr
- Some Iron Key items have been discarded. See Lord Tryggr Gillason (email@example.com) if you have items to donate.
- .Youth Minister, Rojhon
- Donations of craft supplies are needed. Yarn, beads, games, garb and more will be accepted.
- Reminder! If you’re looking for information, news, and updates, past issues of the Internebbles newsletter are posted for your convenience. All in one place, and always available to answer your questions. Go here to see all posted issues: http://wiki.cleftlands.org/Publications
- If anyone has ideas for articles for the newsletter, or a nomination for an interviewee for 5 Questions for a Cleftlander, please contact Claricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dec. 15 is our Yule Revel. See THL Jolicia to volunteer to help. The evening will include a “Not a Cookie” exchange. Bring a thing, get a thing. Food is allowed so long as it is packaged and not eaten at site.
- Standard Bearers will be held in January or February. Bids are being accepted; see a former event steward or Claricia (email@example.com) for information.
- See the Midrealm calendar for more upcoming events across the kingdom.