Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Submit recommendations for awards to be given at Regular Event through the kingdom Services Portal. See baronial awards on the Cleftlands page. Midrealm website has information about making recommendations for Kingdom-level events.
- His Majesty Seto will attend Regular Event. Royalty room guards and retainers will be needed; sign up on the event website. His Majesty would like to have donations of rings for largess.
- Captain Sirius has been placed on vigil for the Order of the Chivalry. He will be elevated at Regular Event. There is a second vigil at Regular Event as well for Capt. Ingolf (aka Fox). Vigils will be held in the downstairs classrooms.
- The populace will vote on a new seneschal in March. The application is online, and will be due soon. Talk to Cadfan before applying and talk to other past seneschals. The incoming seneschal will be trained from March to June.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Archery Guild is on hiatus for winter. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild is moving because Oliver is moving to Elyria in late Feb-early March. He is looking for volunteers to host some meetings on the East Side; Oliver will bring the materials and tools. The Guild will continue to meet Tuesdays at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and everything else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting. The Meadery in Western Reserve interested in doing classes in mead making; the date is up in the air.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. It will be held at Constanza’s house next Tuesday, Feb. 25. Contact Miriana at email@example.com for details.
- Dance Guild — No report.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. The guild will meet to make food for the feast at Angharad’s house on this coming Monday. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.
- Scribes Guild. Please contact Milesent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Unofficial Gardeners’ Guild and Potters’ Guild are getting started. See the Facebook groups and Aurelia for details.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- There will be a demo from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 9-May at the Wildwood Cultural Center in Mentor. There will be outdoor space for tents and indoor space for classes. We can set up Friday night. All disciplines are needed. There will be rapier and armored combat.
- We are invited to participate in a Micro-Con at Wildwood Cultural Center in Mentor from 10 a,m. to 4 p.m. March 28. We will have one table for a display.
- More demos are coming at various libraries and the E, 200th Street Stroll. Details TBA.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- The first meeting of the month he hosts heraldic consultations about submitting an SCA name or arms. Please let him know if you are interested.
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details.
- Rapier Marshall, Ragna (by Njall)
- For safety’s sake, please check the condition of your blades.
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- No report.
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- The next Tournament of the Arts will be held on 11-Jan. Registration is closed.
- 21-March is the North Oaken A&S faire. Registration for entrants is up now. Judges are needed, too.
- Exchequer, Robert:
- If you would like to donate baronial tithes for the whole year ($45), Robert can give you a receipt for your tax purposes.
- Social Media Officer, Shahzada
- The week of March 20 is World Storytelling Day. To mark this, Shahzada would like to get clips of bards talking about why they do the bardic arts. This includes storytelling, music, theater and other specialties. See her for details.
- Regular Event, 29-Feb (Leap Year Day) :
- A person is needed to flip the feast room before court. See Jacqueline to volunteer.
- Jacqueline is Event Steward with Clariscia as her Deputy Steward. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact them. The event theme is a “A Perfect Pairing.”
- There will be an A&S challenge.The theme is “Old and New.” Combine an old skill with a new skill. See Lubek for details and to sign up. There are four entrants so far.
- Troll is open at meetings for pre-registration. See Dorothea. Pay Pal is off line.
- Servers are needed for feast. See Artair.
- Volunteers are needed for set-up on Friday at 6 p.m.. There will be pizza at 7:30 p.m.
- Help is needed to prepare feast foods ahead of time, and also the day of feast. See Angharad.
- The class schedule is full. See Katerin if you have questions.
- Brute Squad is needed to help merchants load in and out. See Brendan.
- Help is needed with dish washing; see Brendan for details.
- There will be a Bardic Hour at the event. See Jolicia to sign up for a performance slot. Information is on the event website.
- There will be a challenge sponsored by the Red Company. Youth will be involved. See Niall for details.
- Voice heralds are needed, see Niall to volunteer.
- Dessert Revel is the last meeting of the month. This revel will be a Movie Night featuring “The Princess Bride.” Come in your PJs, and the food theme is “Buttercup.” Make butter-related food. Volunteers are needed to make a papiere mache pinatas for an armored combat tournament, and chop veggies. See Claricia for details.
- Northern Oaken War Manuevers (NOWM) AS 54/2021
- Gianna has been Event Steward for the last seven years. If you are interested in shadowing her and learning to take on the role at “the event that runs itself” please let her know, as it’s not too early to get started on planning.
- Regular Event, AS 55/2021
- The site we are using (the Byzantine Cathedral in Parma) will not be available after 2020. It is NOT too soon to begin looking for a 2021 site and planning the bid.
- There will be an A&S Challenge: Projects should combine something you are good at with something you are just learning.
- Standard Bearers, AS 55/2021
- Why wait to start planning?