Baron and Baroness; Crispin and Gianna
- Meetings are growing again. Please make sure to keep the walkways by the list fields clear to avoid accidents.
- March Dessert Revel, 27-Mar, is a Roman Revel. Wear Roman garb or jewelry, bring Roman foods, or just come and enjoy the early period.
- 24-Mar is the Brendoken Baronial Investiture and Tournament of Defense. For more info, see https://brendoken.midrealm.org/brendoken-baronial-investiture. For those wishing to participate in the ToD tournements, please register online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfD6Ax2inoB0hSxR_wD3CmnKM9A4HklOLpsS9o28ZmDq-X7uw/viewform
- Barony Marche Debatable Lands is hosting a regional archery muster on 7-Apr. Please see details at https://www.facebook.com/events/Art/bmdl-regional-archery-muster-potluck/400562817179528/
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, here in the Cleftlands. Deadline to register mail-in categories is this Saturday. All other is April 6. Entrant and judge registration can be done at http://ans.midrealm.org/faire/user/index
- April Dessert Revel, 24-Apr, will be the Baronial Armored Tourney
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out, as many positions need filled. She’s also looking for anyone interesting in shadowing her as event steward to learn how it all works.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- Chatelaine, Mirirana
- Miriana is stepping down as Chatelaine soon. If you are interested in the position, please talk to her about it, or apply online at http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/ through 22-Mar (next meeting)
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week Katalena is teaching a class on Roman Clothing
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She has an open date at the first meeting in April.
- Youth Armored Combat Marshal, Bastian:
- Please contact Bastian if you are an armored combatant interested in being authorized as youth sparring partners.
- Jacqueline is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Laurelen has the remains of a 90 ft pine tree now in his yard, including many segments of the trunk 18″ across and 4-7′ long. If anyone is interested in taking pieces away, before he calls a tree removal service, please contact him.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is hosting his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursdays: currently working on glass beads and taxidermy. If you’re interested in joining in, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook.
- Archery Guild will meet this Sunday, 17-Mar, at 2 pm. They will not meet 24 or 31-Mar. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They will meet 26-Mar at Madelain’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 1-Apr, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting, next on 3-Apr. In April, meeting will be a taste testing and discussion. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions.