- We are still looking for bids for Standard Bearer’s event.
- Cadfan will step us as Seneschal on April 26.
- The only animals permitted in Recher Hall are service animals per the Service Animals and Emotional Support Animal guidelines provided by the ADA. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the seneschal.
- There will be three classes next week: Knife Skills by Baron Ealdred, Dress Like a Viking by Countess Isgrdr, and String Theory by Brendan.
- Please let Pietro know if you have taught, as he is keeping the tally for this year’s Teaching Challenge.
- Iron Key Refurbishing Night will be happening tomorrow at Armorer’s Guild. Please join Tariq in updating and repairing our Iron key.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild meets alternate Thursdays. 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. The next meeting is April 6. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild will be meeting at Ealdred and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As the weather improves, Archery Guild will start meeting for practices again. There is currently a vote going on, on Facebook, or direct to Gwyneth or Muldonney, about whether to meet Sun afternoon, or Mon or Tue evenings. If you have a preference, please let them know. Once the meetings are scheduled, they have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for a formal guild meeting. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will meet at Constanza’s home in Cleveland Hts Tue 4/11. The Guild is looking for a host for the 4/25 meeting. Contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Scribes Guild normally meets first Mondays of month at Brackenburye Cottage. Please check with Melisent at email@example.com to confirm if they are meeting April 3.
Baron and Baroness
- This upcoming weekend are several events including Northern Oaken A&S Faire in Warren; Terpsichore at the Tower, a dance event in Ann Arbor, Academy of St Clare of Assisi, an embroidery event in PA, and Grand Tournament of the Unicorn in Oxford. Check the Midrealm Calendar for details. (www.midrealm.org/calendar).
- Many thanks for the amazing artwork that was displayed: 105 scrolls were brought and shared.
- April 26 Dessert Revel will be the Armored Tourney. Please spiffy up your kit, bring your inspiration, and prepare to awe us all.
- Jolicia stepped down as Baronial Chatelaine, and passed her Regalia to Robin of Cleftlands.
- Jolicia received the Award of St. Alfred for her service, including as Chatelaine.
- Ginevra received the Order of Saint Clairiel for her service, including as Seneschal during the polling process.