- Crispin is stepping down as Minister of Arts and Sciences. Please talk to him if you have any questions about the role. You can submit your name and other information online at cleftlands.org.
- Baronial polls have been mailed out to all SCA members in Cuyahoga County. A link will be posted on cleftlands.org for non-members or non-residents to download a copy of the poll. They need to be returned to the Kingdom by 7-Jan.
- Before we leave the site, we need to empty the garbage cans. To avoid us carrying out many nearly unused garbage bags, please try to focus on one or more cans.
- Next Wed is our Yule Revel, and our last meeting of 2016.
- Elizabethe is organizing the Revel’s Craftperson’s Faire. Please bring your current or recently finished projects to share.
- Robin is organizing the Dessert table. An empty Dessert Table is a sad table so please bring your Yule treats to fill it up.
- There will be dancing. Come and give it a try.
- There will also be a class for beginnings on sewing your first garb.
- Regular Event is 28-Jan.
- January Event pre-registration is now open. You can pre-reg for the event, for feast, and for boxed lunches delivered at the list field. Madelaine is also looking for a deputy who can help ensure the Troll is open at meetings when she has conflicts.
- Rowan is organizing the lunch tavern, and fighters’ lunch. She’s looking for help both in advance and the day of.
- The class list for the event is on the website.
- Artair and MedVedn’Hoytnik (sorry, can’t spell Russian) is organizing the feast servers again this year. If you’re interested in joining them, please contact Artair at meeting or on Facebook.
- Colette is organizing the event’s Craftspersons Display. Please come and share any projects you’ve worked on, or finished, or skills you’ve developed.
- Claricia’s feast menu is posted online. She’s still looking for additional Hero Dishes. And there’s always a need for help in the kitchen before and at hte event.
- Kateline, as royalty liaison, is looking for largesse to share with the royalty.
- Robert reminds you that if you want to make an annual site tithe he can provide you a receipt for tax purposes.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild usually meets Thursdays, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild will be meeting at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- Needleworkers will not meet in December. At the first January meeting, there will be a quick conclave to brainstorm upcoming projects.
- East side archery practice meets Sundays when the weather is acceptable. Please check the Facebook page each week to know if it’s on.
- At Xmas Tourney, Lotte Winterborn was the Laurel’s Choice in the A&S event. Sirius made it to the final 16 of the tourney, while Thorin was in the final 4.
- This next weekend is Yule Feast in Red Spears, with many classes as well as both armored and rapier tourneys.
- If you’d like to make January Event court fun, submit award recommendations before 6-Jan.
- Please bring your best garb and other items to Dessert Revel for our annual party.
- Please make sure you submit your polls: the Crown really needs to know your opinion, and that you care enough about it to actually submit polls.