- Mapleside Demo is this weekend: Setup is Fri starting at 5:30. On Sat and Sun, show up around 9 am.
- Please bring things for Hospitality Table for participants. We have our own parking lot at the top of the hill. Birna will be there to hand out the wristbands. Come have a good time. Contact Artair with questions on Facebook.
- Remember that Sept 28 will be the Newcomer’s Revel after Mapleside.
- Red Dragon in Columbus requires pre-reg by 9/23.
- Sep 28 will be the Newcomer’s Revel. Please let Crispin know if you are planning to demonstrate a particular art or science. Please wear garb and be ready to share with the newcomers.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild will be meeting at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice cancelled this Sunday for Mapleside Demo.
- East side archery practice meets next Tuesday starting at 5:30 at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Cook’s Challenge will be 9/28 (the Newcomer’s Revel) on the theme of Apples and Pears.
- Kingdom mandates polling about the Barons at least every five years. The process, which is driven by the Kingdom, will begin sometime in October. At that time, any paid member or couple interested in serving may submit their name for consideration as the next Baron/ess of Cleftlands. Calum and Constanza are requesting of their Majesties that they step down at NOWM next year.
- After candidates are nominated, polling will begin. Any paid member living in the Barony will be sent a poll, and paid members outside the Barony but participating here may request polls of Kingdom. When polling is complete, their Majesties will consider the poll as they appoint the next Baron/ess.