- Baronial Yard Sale and Swap will be held in two weeks at the May Dessert Revel, 30-May
- The 200th St Stroll, a Euclid street fair demo will be Sat, 2-Jun, 10 to 2. Eve is organizing and needs fighters, dancers, and, most importantly, talkers. A Facebook event with details will be up tomorrow.
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun.
- Ginevra, Event Steward, is looking for volunteers to support the gatekeeper, parking, and other tasks. Please contact her, Gianna, Snowden, Eve if you would like to help out.
- Site Clean-up is this Sat, 19-May starting at 10 AM. Please gather at the Ukrainian camp. What we don’t get done will be need done Thursday and Friday of NOWM itself. Those who are willing to work Thu and Fri can set up their personal camp early. The wind was not kind to the camp: Chainsaws are needed. Matches will be needed for burning out tree stumps
- Please get any announcements for the event flier to Gianna as soon as possible, as she has limited time to pull it together. She will not be hunting down info this year.
- Ginevra is in poor voice,and will be for several weeks. She could use help with heralding at the event.
- Alessandro is organizing the Breakfast Tavern and could use more volunteers, including baked goods, cooking supplies.
- Dorothea has started taking pre-reg at meetings ($15, $2 off for members). She’ll has a sign-up sheet for volunteers.
- We’re only three weeks. Make recommendations NOW, because there’s really only a few days to have them considered for NOWM. You can submit recommendations for kingdom level awards at http://www.midrealm.org/op/recommend/login.php?from=/op/recommend/ and Baronial level awards at http://www.cleftlands.org/award-recommendation/
- Elizabeth will now be handling both adult and youth classes. Please contact her with any requests.
- Clarissa is organizing Artisan’s Row. If you have any interest in sharing your arts, please contact her.
- NOWM will also be the site of the Regional and Kingdom Archery and Thrown Weapons Championships.
- A&S Minister, Runa: We have classes scheduled for meetings through June. There will be no classes during July and August. You can find the upcoming class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- 23-May: Scroll Case Workshop, by Jacqueline. If you have cardboard, fabric, scissors, or glue guns to share, please bring them.
- 30-May: Making Traveling Games, by Gianna
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Cadfan is hosting an unofficial archery practice at Punderson State Park’s archery range tomorrow, 17-May, at 6 pm.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday around 7 pm. You can contact Cynwrig for details at email@example.com..
- Equestrian Practice at Half Oaks Farm meets on Sundays, depending on weather. If you have questions, please contact Tina Layne or James Layne on Facebook.
- Archery Guild will meet on Mondays starting around 5:30 pm: this upcoming Monday with a cookout. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Gregorian Chant Choir is being led by Meridian at Baronial meetings. Please contact her if email@example.com . No experience in chant or rehearsal is required. She’s preparing the group for a performance at NOWM.
- Needleworkers normally meets second and fourth Tuesdays. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cook’s Guild will be doing a ‘west side ethnic grocery tour’ on 19-May, starting at 9:30 am, and ending with lunch. Please check the Cleftlands Cooks Facebook page for details. We will also be holding a ‘Cooking over Fire’ get together on Sun, 24-Jun: details to follow.
- Dance Guild will meet 7 pm on 31-May at the backroom at Forest City Brewery, 2135 Columbus Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113.
- Scribes Guild meets 7 pm on first Mondays at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@Case.Edu with any questions.
- Woodworker’s Guild is on indefinite hiatus due to life conflicts. If you’d like help with a project, please contact Meinhard directly at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions.
- Sirius is is hosting a 2-man melee tournament at the first meeting after NOWM, again with prizes. More details to follow
- The Cook’s Challenge for the 30-May Dessert Revel has a theme of Pasties, Pies, and Foods in Dough. Please bring enough to share!
Baron and Baroness
- Gwyneth won the Ash Ring from Muldonney at Fletching of Springs. Of 25 archers, the top five scores came from Cleftlanders.
- Aethelmearc War Practice is this weekend, as is Merlin’s Merry Minions, another archery event in Ohio.
- Repeat announcement: HIs soon-to-be-Majesty will be exacting a war tax on the baronies of the Kingdom, to include:
- Benches for Midrealm Royal. Pietro and Crispin will be organizing this work, if you’d like to contribute.
- Booze (libations) for our allies, Aethelmearc. Zuriel is organizing this gift, please contact her if you’d like to provide items.
- Banners. Elizabeth is organizing this work.
- Bodies: Each Barony is asked to contribute 1 or 2 people at least to assist with resetting the field after each battle to prepare for the next. Ulfr will be organizing this group.