- NOWM is June 9-11th.
- Colette is Class Coordinator: if you are interested in teaching, please let her know. If you are interested in being taught by someone, please let them know so they can let her know.
- Angharad is Royalty Liaison, and is looking for help with gift baskets for the royalty, royalty lunch, retainers, and guards.
- Ginevra says the autocrats are still looking for a volunteer to handle Youth Point or Activities. She is also looking for volunteers to serve as event heralds, announcing activities around the site.
- Madelaine is serving as our Troll. She will be at meeting every Wed before the event to take pre-reg. She’s also looking for help to serve as gate keepers Friday and Saturday of NOWM.
- Claricia is organizing merchants: please let her know if you are looking to sell things. Space is unlimited.
- NOWM Clean-Up Day will be 20-May. Please let the autocrats know if you can help out to prepare the site for the event.
- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.
- 23 people have volunteered for the King Arthur movie demo next Monday. Their names have been given to the CInemark Valley View for their free tickets to the movie. Please arrive by 6:30: the movie begins at 7:30.
- 3-Jun, the Saturday before NOWM, is the East 200th St demo just outside our meeting site. It will run 10-2 Artair will be posting a Facebook event soon with all details.
- 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming.
- Tariq: Iron Key Refurb will happen next Thursday at Armorer’s Guild meeting.
- Colette, A&S Minister, is looking for teachers to fill in the class schedule over the next few months.
- Thorin, Knight’s Marshal, reminded everyone that with the new standards for armor inspections, have him inspect your helmets and major armor changes at meeting before you head off to an event and discover you can’t fight. Also, 20-May is Aethelmearc War Practice, which is a fun event with lots of combat. Eik warns fighters that your Authorizaiton Card will be requested, and the online printing tool is hiding the expiration date when printing the cards, so you may need to figure out how to organize having a phone with you to display the auth card without taking it on the field.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday. 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this upcoming Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com about future Sundays.
- Needleworkers will meet 9-May at Robin’s home on the east side. Location details and directions will be posted. Contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Archery Guild meets Tuesday, 9-May, at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney. Details will be posted online. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench, working on period pouches. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Dancing will occur at the 10-May meeting at 7 pm. Look for Angharad and the red canvas bag of music.
- Needleworksr will meet on 23-May at Madelaine’s.
Baron and Baroness
- 18-May will be the cut-off for recommendations for awards to be presented at NOWM. You can find a list of all Kingdom-level awards, an online ‘Order of Precedence’ that lists who has already received which awards, and the online award recommendation link at http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/.
- The Crown has requested scroll blanks for use. Ginevra will collect all that you can produce at NOWM to share with them. Everyone can help, just ask the Scribes Guild members for guidance if you’ve never done it before.
- Mistress Keiley Duchem is looking for groups to cook breakfast and dinner for Midrealm Royal on Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu of War Week at Pennsic. She will have numbers of people and related food issues available to share closer to Pennsic. Groups will need to front the money for the food: expenses will be reimbursed at Pennsic based on submitted receipts. Calum can provide additional information.
- Coronation is this weekend, only 4 hours away.
Calum and Constanza presented all the bearers of the Cleftlands swords during their reign, chosen at the Cleftland’s Tourneys, with copies of a scroll listing the complete lineage of the bearers.